Troubleshooting ADSL - No Authentication
This article will guide you through the troubleshooting for an ADSL broadband service that has no authentication, which means it’s not being allowed online because it may have incorrect username or password in the modem settings, or that the modem may have been reset to factory defaults.
The lights on modems may vary; please check the modem’s user manual to learn the meanings of its status lights. Most modems will have a steady ADSL sync light but a flashing internet or no internet light on at all.
When attempting to view a website, you may see a page telling you that the page can not be displayed.
- Turn your modem off and wait 15 minutes.
- Turn your modem back on and wait for it to reboot.
- After 2-3 minutes try to view a website on one of your connected computers or Wi-Fi devices. If you can't view a website, go to the next step.
- You will need to log in to the modem settings and re-enter your broadband username and password. Please check its user manual to learn how to access the modem settings and re-enter your broadband username and password or call our Support Team on 1300 134 638.
- Save your modem settings and then try to view a website again.
- If you still can’t get online, please call our Support Team on 1300 134 638 for further assistance.